Monday 8 March 2010

Some more inspiration

Some of my favourite 2002's are the very early narrow-bodied rally cars of 68 and 69. Here are some more great photos from period plus some film footage of the 1969 Monte Carlo Rally courtesy of British Pathe.Timo Makinen and Paul Easter retired from the '69 monte carlo rally due to brake failureRainer Strunz and Walter Bachmann in their 2002 finished 19th
Patrick Lier and Michel Buzzi in their 2002 ti finished 13th
Rob Slotemaker and Ferry van der Geest in an Alpina 2002 ti finished 7th
I believe that this is the 2002ti of Louis Talamona.

1969 MONTE CARLO RALLY


FRANCE MONTE CARLO 1969

2 comments:

  1. Hi there !
    Funny, I think that the 3 scans from french "l'automobile" magazine are "mines", I recognize my croping :)
    My car is a '67 1600 Ti. Maybe one day it will be a rallyecar replica, but nowadays it's just my dailydriver in Paris...
    Cheers,
    Viktor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thank you for those scans. I would love to see your 1600ti. What a great car. Next time I am in Paris I will be sure to look you up. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete